Naming Your Baby - How to Get the Most out of Your Babynaming Ceremony
You've engaged a celebrant and you've picked the day. So how do you ensure that the naming ceremony for your baby goes smoothly and is memorable for friends and relatives alike? Focus on two things - preparation for the ceremony, and how things are organised on the day.
- Choose your child's godparents with care, talk to them about the promises they feel able to make, and ask them if they would feel comfortable about sharing with everyone at the ceremony some of their thoughts about your child and your family
- Consider other members of the family and significant friends, whether present or not, and how you might recognise, include or honour them in the ceremony
- Choose the venue with care, paying attention to shade, and sufficient space
- On the invitations include the time guests should arrive and the time the ceremony will start. If you know any of your guests are chronic latecomers, invite them for at least 15 minutes before you expect them to arrive
- If using candles in an outdoor ceremony ensure that the wicks are well protected from wind, breeze or drafts ? candles that sit well down in a glass container are ideal. Because the flame on votive candles extends above the container they are not suitable
On the Ceremony Day
- Ensure the table for the signing is big enough to comfortably hold the register, certificates and anything else that will be used during the ceremony (candles, etc).
- Delegate someone to photograph the ceremony and alert the celebrant as to whom that person is
- Take the opportunity to have posed family photographs, and photographs of significant friends taken with the child either before or after the ceremony. Draw up a list beforehand and use it as a checklist so that no-one is missed
- Provide seats for older or disabled guests
- Make sure that any seating or shelter provided is close enough to where you and the celebrant will be standing to form an intimate grouping and ensure that everyone hears and sees the ceremony
- Limit the amount of alcohol served before the ceremony
Attention to all these quite simple things will make the world of difference to how smoothly your celebration runs, and how much everyone, including you, enjoys the ceremony.
Potty Training Readiness Signals - Is Your Child Ready To Be Potty Trained?
So, you are thinking about potty training your toddler and you want to make sure that your child is ready.
Hints And Tips On Scrapbooking Baby?s ?Firsts?
It is true to say that a lot of people begin to get the scrappin' bug after their child/children are born and usually their first attempt at scrapbooking is making a baby album.
Hello World: Babys Third Month Guide
Remember how you wished your baby would learn there is moreto life than crying, feeding and sleeping? Your wishes arecoming true. Your baby's third month will see her becomemuch more interactive. So much so with some babies, thatparents secretly sigh, "Why doesn't she ever sleep?" Wonderwhat to expect in the third month?
One of the most common conditions a new mother may see on her infant, is baby acne. But while it is startling in so young a child, it's really not a serious issue, nor should you be overly concerned about the causes or cures.
Using Baby Signing To Communicate With Your Young Child
Breast Feeding Basics For Your Newborn Baby
It is a myth that bottle-feeds and breast-feeding is equally good. Mother's milk is the best for proper growth of the child. There are certain nutrients in the mother's milk that helps the baby fight illnesses while also promoting brain development. As compared to breast fed babies, the formula-fed babies are more prone to illnesses.
A Special Formula for Baby!
Choosing to breastfeed the baby is one of the most important decisions a mother can make. Usually that decision was made even before the baby was conceived. There may be times when lack of support, knowledge and different priorities have led to bottle feeding. My goal is not to tell a new mother all the scary stuff in formula, but to discuss the reasons why a mother may be choosing not to breastfeed. Possibly, with discussing these reasons she may realize the benefits of breastfeeding and seek out the necessary support and education for the sake of her health and most importantly the infant's.
Baby Crib Advice and Tips
Congratulations! You have just learned that you are having a baby. Whether this is your first or not you need to look at cribs. Do you have one already? Is it an antique? A second hand crib whether antique or not needs to be carefully looked at. This is for the safety of your new baby.
The Making of a Mini-Model
Baby modeling isn't an exclusive art - nor is it as potentially fraught with danger as modeling opportunities for older children or adults.
Baby?s First Shoes: How to Choose the Right Ones
Any parent of an active toddler has asked this question: "When should my child start wearing shoes?"
Baby Clipart for All Your Baby Shower Printing Needs
Baby clipart is the perfect accent to all of your baby shower printing needs. Whether announcements, invitations, thank you notes or stationery. Baby shower clip art can help you design the perfect original card or flyer for any event, but it's most suitable for baby showers.
Child Safety in the Home
In the 15-year period from 1982 to 1996, the leading cause of death among young children was accidents, poisoning and violence (external causes) -- these accounted for about 46% of all deaths among Australian children.
Infant Car Seats
Finding the best car seats for your child:To escape injury in an accident, you will need to pick a seat suitable for the child's age and weight. They come in three main categories: infant, infant & toddler convertible and booster seats. Statistics show that most seats are installed incorrectly. Once you have purchased a seat make sure to follow the directions for proper installation.
How to Choose a Changing Table
As a prospective parent, you may wonder how hard it could possibly be when it comes to learning how to choose a changing table. But you'd be surprised at the little details that can make your life easier when you have them, and a nightmare when you don't.
Baby Shower Hosting 101
Are you ready to host the best baby shower ever but don't know where to start? Baby showers are fun, but planning one can be tedious. In this article we'll cover the basics to get you started.
Baby Nursery Furniture
You are expecting your first baby and are wondering what type of nursery furniture you will need to make your life easier and your little one comfortable. You will find that there are an array of cribs in all types of designs, styles and colors to fit with any décor you choose for your nursery.
Have Fun Purchasing A Stroller For Your Baby
You are getting ready to welcome your baby into your life and one of the items you are considering is a stroller. Strollers come in various styles, features and brands. If you have a newborn you want to be sure the seat fully reclines so your newborn can lie flat. Consider what strollers will need assembly once you purchase it. The restraint system on most strollers is the 5 point restraint; two at the shoulders, two at the hips, and one at the crotch. Be sure to use the restraint system as recommended by the manufacturer for your baby's safety.
Your Baby?s Nursery ? What You Will Need
As an expectant mother, you are full of excitement and anticipation for the arrival of your little baby. You are picking out names, attending baby showers, and learning all there is to know about being a mother. One good and productive way to channel some of this excitement is to prepare the nursery in advance. Some items you will need are listed below.
Keeping Baby Safe: Your Most Important Role As A Parent
Saying Thanks, But No Thanks to Used Safety Equipment
The First Week with Your Baby
The first week of your baby's life brings big adjustments for both of you. You are adjusting to being a mother and caring for your baby and your baby is adjusting to life outside the womb. It is a time of great joy -- and possibly immense fear! Although you've been preparing for the birth of your baby for months, now he is here and depending on you for everything which can seem overwhelming. Don't expect too much of yourself during these first days! If anyone offers you help -- take it!