5 Best Free Child Games for Your Preschooler
There seems to be more and more pressure on parents these days to enrol their pre school children in all sorts of innovative learning programs. There are music and swimming classes, craft centres and activities to promote movement, motor skills or sporting ability.
Did you know some of the best learning tools for your kids are right at your fingertips, literally! We as parents are the primary carers and therefore the first teachers of our children before they start school. Without all the classes and activities that we could pay for them to do, just playing simple free child games, your kids will get all the stimulation and encouragement that they need to get the best start.
By providing them with an enriched environment with free activities based around your home and neighbourhood you will get more quality time with your children while enhancing their imagination and creativity.
Top 5 Free Child Games / Activities- Indoors
1. Storytelling- Telling stories to children promotes language, listening skills and imagination. Don't feel confined to reading from books, tell your children a special family story that helps them to know their place in the world. How mum and dad met, how great grandpa sailed in a tall-ship to start a new life in a new country, or the story of their birth. These tales will delight them time and time again, perhaps you have photos to help them put faces to names.
2. Dressing Up- As children the dress-ups box was always our favorite treasure trove for creating characters for a play or story. Pretending to be dinosaurs, truck drivers, doctors, zoo keepers or even mum can keep children entertained for hours. The more props the better so always have a store of blankets for cubbies or tents and assorted boxes for cars, dolls beds or wherever their imagination takes them.
3. Music- Children love a chance to dance and jump around. By the age of three they will already have some favorites which will probably have actions to match. Given the opportunity to march, stomp, clap or any other loud action will be happily accompanied by any musical instruments that you have around the house. If you don't have any, a pot and wooden spoon will do just fine!
4. Craft- By using recycled materials you just need some glue, a little inspiration, and your child's creativity will do the rest. Materials can be used to create collages, space rockets, animals and a whole lot more. Keep a ready supply of recyclables by keeping cereal boxes, toilet rolls, candy wrappers, magazines and yoghurt containers. Other crafty ideas can involve play dough, paint, crayons, chalk and modelling clay! The ideas are endless.
5. Board Games and Card Games- Fun for the whole family or just two bored kids looking for something to do on a rainy day. For younger children these games help them with numerical skills, taking turns and gamesmanship, as well as the concept of chance and that anyone can win the game. Super for holidays as they are easy to set up and can last for hours. There are many card games to learn from easy kids games right up complicated ones for teenagers and adults. Best of all, the only equipment needed is a deck of cards. Board games like Scrabble and Monopoly have been played for generations and will continue to be, unless everything becomes computerised!
As many as one in three babies are born with a birthmark. These are neither painful or harmful, although about one in a hundred will require medical treatment. If the birthmark is hidden from view it is generally not a problem, but if it is on the face or neck parents will often want to do all they can to remove the mark, especially if baby is a girl.
Favorite Cake Flavors for Baby and Bridal Showers
A cake is an excellent treat at any party, especially baby showers and bridal showers. Asides from making a great centerpiece for your snack table, cakes are a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy. Here are some of the most popular flavors for cakes:
What to Look For When Choosing Baby Furniture
If you're a new parent, be aware that you baby will probably spend more time in the nursery than anywhere else. So you do need to make it absolutely safe and comfortable. Make it attractive and well organized too.
Baby Shower Gifts Are Not All The Same
When one talk about shower baby gifts, it is clear they can vary from the very practical to the extremely bizarre. If you have ever been invited to a baby shower, you know that there are two different kinds of presents you can give the new mom: the gifts that impress her and are useless, and the very practical stuff. If you choose the latter is best, as things given are useful and the shower baby gifts are about having a baby. When we speak about useful baby gifts, we refer to casseroles, or anything you can just heat up to prepare dinner, or the book "What to Expect the First Year", in which the mother can find a lot of useful information. Commonly baby gifts can vary from extremely practical things, like disposable diapers to things that are bizarre such as a grinder for turning steamed veggies into homemade baby food.
The Colic Baby
When a baby has colic, the family environment is stressful and many family members may become upset or on edge. This is most often seen in new parents. Some symptoms of colic may be that the baby cries loudly for three hours, the baby has bowel pains or the baby pulls their feet up under themselves and clenches their fists. New parents become alarmed and upset that their new baby may cry for hours, even though they have tried just about everything to comfort the the baby.
Your Little Gourmet: Babys Fifth Month Guide
Baby smiled her real smiles at you and you were so charmed,you decided nothing could be better. But baby has more instore for you in her fifth month. Endless entertainmentcoupled with increasing interest in her surroundings makesyour five month-old baby an ideal playmate.
Is It Colic, Infant Reflux, Or GERD? Learn How To Tell The Difference
It can sometimes be difficult for a parent to understand whether the baby has colic or reflux (and even GERD) since some of the symptoms (eg. poor sleep, constant crying) can be similiar. It's also extremely important to rule out reflux as a cause of this crying, as it's becoming widely acknowledged that many cases of colic are actually undiagnosed and untreated cases of reflux. In these cases, simply treating the reflux may eliminate the colicky behavior.
To Invite or not to Invite the Dad to the Shower?
Do you invite dad to the baby shower? As per the old tradition, the baby showers are "ladies only" celebrations and generally the dad did not attend them. However, he would arrive at the end of the baby shower to greet and thank all the baby shower guests and the hostess.
Baby Yoga and Me
Having carried a sizable bump around for a very long, very hot summer, I really wasn't in the mood for a work out.
Should I Call The Doctor If My Baby Has A Fever
Sooner or later, your new baby will develop a fever. It would be a rare child who does not come down with some kind of illness that elevates their temperature. Babies can get fevers for a variety of reasons, and understanding the whys, can help you determine if you should call your doctor.
Have Fun Purchasing A Stroller For Your Baby
You are getting ready to welcome your baby into your life and one of the items you are considering is a stroller. Strollers come in various styles, features and brands. If you have a newborn you want to be sure the seat fully reclines so your newborn can lie flat. Consider what strollers will need assembly once you purchase it. The restraint system on most strollers is the 5 point restraint; two at the shoulders, two at the hips, and one at the crotch. Be sure to use the restraint system as recommended by the manufacturer for your baby's safety.
How Can I Teach My Toddler to Share?
Helping your child move from breast breast milk or formula to solids is a milestone for both you and your baby. However, it can be challenging for some parents. Here are some tips and tricks I've compiled for introducing solid foods to your baby. Do remember, however, that you should follow your pediatrician's advice if you're in doubt.
Should You Get Baby Shower Game Ideas for Free?
There are quite a few baby shower game ideas for free online. Low priced games on pre-printed forms are also available and make it easier for your guests to understand the rules of the game and what is expected of each player. You no longer have to tear pieces of paper out of a spiral notebook at the last minute and spend fifteen minutes and two "trial game runs" explaining what your guests are supposed to write.
Selecting a Baby Shower Theme: Easy as One Two Three
No aspect of party planning is more crucial and sometimes mind boggling to a baby shower planner than selecting the baby shower theme. There are almost too many ideas available today, and often the host of a party finds themselves suffering apoplexy at the idea of selecting a baby shower theme.
Guide to Choosing Toddler Toys
The play has many more functions for toddlers than for adults. For toddlers, play is not just a way to relax but it is also the best way to learn and perfect skills like walking, balance and controlling the hands.
How To Look For Baby Books
Look for Books! The books that you pick to read with your child is very important. If you aren't sure of what books are right for your child, ask a librarian to help you choose titles.
Aargh those Pesky Sleep Problems!
It's 2am and your baby is up for the third time since 7pm.She's 2 months old and from all the books and magazines you've readSHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING THROUGHT HE NIGHT!!!!!How long can this go on?!!! As difficult as this is it doesn't last forever.
The 7 Biggest Baby Sleep Mistakes That Parents Make
When parents face difficulties with infant and child sleep issues, they can often feel helpless and alone. Although it seems like everyone has advice to give, it seems like nobody offers a definitive plan as to how to get your child to sleep through the night
Does Your Baby Necessarily Need Shoes?
When you came up with such question, what will be your answer? You understand that your baby always in your arm and your baby cannot walk yet. So, what the need of shoes for your baby?
13 Donts on Child Safety
For years, we have been taught that 13 is an unlucky number: Don't go up to the 13th floor of a building and don't go out on Friday the 13th, our grandmothers used to say. But 13 is also a sacred number due to its secret knowledge, mystery and tangible powers.