Baby Shower Centerpieces That Double as a Gift!
Here you will learn how to make and where to purchase your baby shower centerpieces. As the centerpiece is the focal point of the baby shower, it is very important for you to design or purchase the right one.
You need to place them above eye level at the table to keep from blocking the view of the and the guest of honor from seeing each other at the table. There are many different types of baby shower centerpieces to choose from. One very popular type of centerpiece which doubles as your baby shower gift is a baby diaper cake.
Once you have picked your theme you need to keep it featured around that theme. If making your own baby shower centerpiece, many of the supplies needed will be available locally. However, going online will add to the variety of baby shower centerpieces you have to choose from.
Many baby shower centerpieces will be made with candles surrounding them. Such as floral centerpieces, using fresh or artificial flowers. Fresh flowers will be more economical if you choose flowers that are in season. When choosing artificial flowers, you can go with silk, chocolate flowers such as roses, plastic flowers, or light-up roses.
- Use a wicker basket and fill it with baby items. You could put a cloth diaper, diaper pins, baby bottles, bibs, baby socks, pacifiers and other small baby items. Surround the basket with small candles or put a couple of helium balloons tied to the handle.
- If using a beach theme, use a beach bucket and place a flower arrangement inside, with candles around the outside. Or put small tools for the beach inside the bucket.
- Fill a small goldfish bowl with water and fill it with floating candles and flower buds. Or you might even add a goldfish to the water.
- Use votive holders and candles that match your theme. They will provide a soft type of illumination to the event.
- Go to a craft section or a craft store and purchase small pink and blue gemstones. You could place these in votive holders, or small glass vases of different sizes. Add shredded tissue to the mix and you will have another lovely baby shower centerpiece.
- You could get different glass figurines of a stork, swan, castle, teddy bear, or whatever would fit with the theme. Put them in a box filled with colored shredded paper and put the figurine on top. Any of these would be a great addition to your baby shower.
- Hang an umbrella from the ceiling filled with stuffed animals. Or you could put flowers inside and add balloons, dolls and/or ribbons.
- Fill a bucket, bowl, or basket with candy, small stuffed animals, or flowers.
- If the baby shower is in the fall or winter. Use small pumpkins, headstones, or leaves of different colors. Pumpkins could be made of tissue, or small figures of pumpkins.
- Tropical Themes could use many different items to make your baby shower center piece. Pineapples, tiki lights, small palm trees, hula dancer center piece, or a flamingo.
- Nautical themes could use small boats, ships, sailboats, anchors, or a treasure chest.
- Spring themes could include items such as hearts, leprechauns, or bunnies.
- Western themes could use straw, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, western badges and rope.
These are just some ideas to choose from. Think about them, mix and match, or add your own ideas to make baby shower centerpieces that perfectly match your theme. You and your guests and guest of honor will have a fun day. They will be getting away from reality for a short time to rest and enjoy themselves.
Baby Sleep Tips
Getting a baby to adjust to a normal sleep schedule can be a challenge for new parents. Here are some tips so that both you and your baby can get a good night's rest.
Baby Cold Symptoms and How to Treat Them
Remember how miserable you felt when you last had a cold? Can you imagine what your baby must feel when he experiences a cold for the first time?
A Babys Sleeping Pattern
Baby Name Trends: From Classic to Hip
Goodbye Bertha, Hello Kaitlyn! The top baby names of today break with tradition and follow-up on new trends. Because choosing the perfect name can be a daunting task, many informative web sites have been launched with parents in mind.
First Birthday Party: Game and Activities for Little Guests
Do you want your baby to be thrilled by his or her first Birthday Party? Then you need to come up with interesting ideas for party games and activities. It's not a problem to entertain one child, but if your guests are brining their babies too, then you better plan party activities in advance. Here are some ideas of the games to play during the party.
It's finally time. My child is old enough to be drinking from a cup; a sippy, if not an open-mouthed one. I reason that we've been making the switch for some time-after all, it is only milk that is served in a bottle. Juice comes from a sippy cup or a juice-box-we've even learned to get all of the juice out of the box without spilling or squeezing. But alas, it's time for us to change the way we consume liquids.
Babys First Days at Home
The moment that you have waited for has finally arrived: the day you bring your newborn baby home from the hospital. Like all other expectant parents you will have spent the last nine months preparing for this day. You will have a baby room full of everything a newborn could possibly want. You will have read book after book on a wide magnitude of baby topics from what to name your baby to when you can expect those first words. You will have walked and paced the length of baby's room, imagining your little bundle sleeping peacefully in her crib. Now the moment has arrived. In the crib lies your sleeping baby and the most exciting adventure of life is about to begin.
Unique and Unusual Baby Names
Today one of the biggest trends in naming is choosing a unique name. Those of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's undoubtedly knew multiple Jennifers, Amys, Michaels and Johns, and many parents want their child to have a more unusual name. Parents have dusted off old classics, combined names and altered spellings in the hopes of saving their child from the fate of being known throughout their school years as "Amy with a Y" or "Michael R, the one with brown hair." So how do you find a name that is unique and unusual? Here are some suggestions, along with a few warnings.
Language Development In Your Baby
From birth to one year your baby will go from crying to cooing to talking. Those are amazing milestones for your baby to accomplishment in such a short period of time as he develops his speech and language skills.
Scheduling Your Baby Naming Ceremony - the Right Time Makes All the Difference
If you're at the stage of wanting to organise a naming ceremony for your baby, then you already know that babies have their own schedule, which doesn't always align with yours. At certain times of the day they are more sociable, more alert, and more amenable to the sort of activities a naming ceremony involves. For a baby this means being clean, being rested, and not being hungry.
Baby Proof Your Home - Frequently Asked Questions
Keeping your baby safe at all times is one of your greatest concerns and responsibilities. There is so much to consider and it is very easy to overlook something that might be fairly obvious to some but escape others. Things like covering electrical outlets, putting up baby gates and turning pot handles to the rear of the stove are discussed in this article and is presented in a question and answer format.
How to Choose a Baby Gate
Once your baby is out of their crib and playpen, you're going to need some way of ensuring their safety. That's why learning how to choose a baby gate can be one of the most important things you'll do while baby-proofing the house.
13 Donts on Child Safety
For years, we have been taught that 13 is an unlucky number: Don't go up to the 13th floor of a building and don't go out on Friday the 13th, our grandmothers used to say. But 13 is also a sacred number due to its secret knowledge, mystery and tangible powers.
You Have a New Person at Home: Babys Fourth Month Guide
Baby is into her fourth month now.
Family Life or How to Buy Chair for a New Baby
Even if your baby is just weeks old now, you'll soon see how amazingly quickly she develops.
Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Baby Shower Invitation Cards are a time saver for the hostess. It is also a good idea to have more invitations than you need. If you send invitations by mail, you want an envelope that stands out so that it doesn't look like junk mail.
How Toddlers Can Benefit From Using Computers
It's a fact of life that we live in an electronic age and computers are a bigger part of our lives than ever. It's unlike anything we've seen in the past and kids are learning to use computers at younger ages. There are steps a parent can take to ensure that their toddlers receive important skill-building benefits from their computer experience.
It might appear to be sufficient to apply some high factor suncream on your little ones and then head off into the sunshine, but do you give much thought for your baby's eyes?
Mobiles For Babies Can Prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Mobiles are well known for its effectiveness in capturing and keeping baby's attention. Colorful and moving mobiles will stimulate the baby's brain and encourages him to explore the things around him. Mobiles with lullaby tunes are even better. With mobiles, you can stop worrying about an uncooperative baby when changing diapers or a wailing baby before he goes to sleep.
Solving Baby Sleep Problems - Its Time to Sleep
If you're a parent with a young child then here's a question that may make you yawn ? what were you doing this morning at 1am, 3am or 5am. Were you sleeping like a baby or were you in fact cuddling and rocking your little cherub in an attempt to get them back to sleep? After all that's what being a parent is all about ? isn't it?!