20 Popular Quotations About Babies
1. "A baby is God's way of saying the world should go on." - Doris Smith
2. "My Dad knew I was going to be a comedian. When I was a baby he said, 'Is this a joke?" - Ken Dodd
3. "Being touched and caressed, being massaged, is food for the infant; food as necessary as minerals, vitamins, and proteins. Deprived of this food, the name of which is love, Babies would rather die. And often they do." - Frederick Leboyer
4. "I always wondered why babies spend so much time sucking their thumbs. Then I tasted "baby food." - Robert Orben
5. "Did you ever notice that a new baby always seem to bear a striking resemblance to the relative who has the most money?" - Robert Paul
6. "There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it." - Irena Chalmers
7. "You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment." - Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
8. "It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born. This is not necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money." - Elinor Goulding Smith
9. "Getting down on all fours and imitating a rhinoceros stops babies from crying. (Put an empty cigarette pack on your nose for a horn and make loud "snort" noises.) I don't know why parents don't do this more often. Usually it makes the kid laugh. Sometimes it sends him into shock. Either way it quiets him down. If you're a parent, acting like a rhino has another advantage. Keep it up until the kid is a teenager and he definitely won't have his friends hanging around your house all the time." - P.J. O'Rourke
10. "It is a pleasant thing to reflect upon, and furnishes a complete answer to those who contend for the gradual degeneration of the human species, that every baby born into the world is a finer one than the last." - Charles Dickens
11. "If you desire to drain to the dregs the fullest cup of scorn and hatred that a fellow human being can pour out for you, let a young mother hear you call dear baby 'it'." -Jerome K. Jerome
12. "Every new baby is a blind desperate vote for survival: people who find themselves unable to register an effective political protest against extermination do so by a biological act." - Lewis Mumford
13. "Babies are necessary to grown-ups. A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. In a world that is cutting down its trees to build highways, losing its earth to concrete... babies are almost the only remaining link with nature, with the natural world of living things from which we spring." - Eda J. Le Shan
14. "A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy - the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love." - Thomas C. Haliburton
15. "I don't know any parents that look into the eyes of a newborn baby and say, How can we screw this kid up." - Russell Bishop
16. "Families with babies and families without are so sorry for each other." - Ed Howe
17. "If you want a baby, have a new one. Don't baby the old one." - Jessamyn West
18. "There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies." - Winston Churchill
19. "People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." -Leo J. Burke
20. "A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it." - Frank A. Clark
Baby Signing ? 10 Easy Ways to Start Signing with Your Baby
Babies can communicate their needs and desires a lot earlier than we think. They have an instinctive need to communicate. Baby signing is a pre-verbal form of communication. Babies can control their movements much earlier than mastering speech and can express all sorts of emotions, desires and wants with their hands! Baby sign language is key to learning how to interpret what your baby is telling you, eliminate the guesswork and to bond and enjoy life with your baby.
Special Considerations for the Premature Baby
Every parent hopes and prays that their newborn will be healthy and safe. Normally a pregnancy lasts nine months. The gestation of a full term pregnancy is traditionally between 37 to 42 weeks. Any baby born before 37 weeks is considered premature.
The Personality Traits Of An Aries Baby
Your Aries Baby..
Baby?s First Year ? What to Expect
As a new Mom, you are probably wondering about many things: how will he react to his new surroundings? when will she sleep for more than 2 hours? what can I expect in the following year? an so many other questions.....
5 Best Free Child Games for Your Preschooler
There seems to be more and more pressure on parents these days to enrol their pre school children in all sorts of innovative learning programs. There are music and swimming classes, craft centres and activities to promote movement, motor skills or sporting ability.
Baby Eating Habits ? Which Approach Do You Take
One of the first decisions we make is if we breast feed or bottle feed our baby. This will be an emotional topic which ever option you choose. Nutrition is not just about preparing and serving food its much more complex and our own childhood experiences will have a great influence on this. Most parents will feel that the more their child eats the better. They feel that this is a reflection on their parenting and the more the child eats the more successful the parent. A child whose diet consists of dry cereal and juice will leave their parent feeling frustrated and embaressed, these emotions will not go unnoticed by the child and will have a knock on effect. In the case of a faddy eater this may cause the situation to get worse.
Home Remedies for Colic
You are at the end of your rope. You have tried everything under the sun to soothe your little one who is still crying non-stop. Your pediatrician gave you the diagnoses of colic and told you the condition would pass. But they have no recommendations for any type of medication. You have talked with friends that have had babies with Colic and tried all of their suggestions, but you are still staying up at night and becoming more frustrated because you can not help your new born baby.
How to Make Your Own Baby Food and Save a Fortune!
Baby in a highchair, mom in front with a small spoon and a jar of baby food. It looks like something right out of a parenting magazine, and it's a scene that is played out several times a day in the majority of homes with small babies. Unfortunately, it's also a powerful marketing image that can cost a family a great deal of money in the long run.
Introducing Your New Baby to Your Pet
Having a child is a life altering event for you and your family. If you own a pet and are concerned about how your pet will respond to the bringing home of a little bundle of joy, then you are not alone. Hundreds of thousands of new families each year have to deal with how their pet might respond to the new baby. If you have a small child or are expecting in the near future you may have many questions such as, what if my pet gets jealous, what if he or she bites the baby, how do I get my pet used to the new baby, and vice versa?
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
With so many different aspects of a shower to plan, coming up with a baby shower favor idea is often the last consideration on a long list of planning.
Potty Training in One Day - Can You Really Potty Train in a Day? What Does It Mean?
Sounds great ? doesn't it?
The Personality Traits of a Pisces Baby
Your Pisces Baby..
Is It Colic, Infant Reflux, Or GERD? Learn How To Tell The Difference
It can sometimes be difficult for a parent to understand whether the baby has colic or reflux (and even GERD) since some of the symptoms (eg. poor sleep, constant crying) can be similiar. It's also extremely important to rule out reflux as a cause of this crying, as it's becoming widely acknowledged that many cases of colic are actually undiagnosed and untreated cases of reflux. In these cases, simply treating the reflux may eliminate the colicky behavior.
Real Nappies (Cotton Nappies) or Disposables - The Debate
I'm sure you have heard some of the debate surrounding real nappies, whether you should use them, the environmental impact of disposables and so on. Well, this short summary provides, what I believe to be, a balanced view of the pros and cons of real nappies.
Baby Shower Planning and Hosting
Planning and organization are crucial to hosting a successful baby shower. Below are some important topics to consider when planning:
The Truth About Baby Bedding
Imagine your little baby in her nursery. So happy in the colorful new home you have prepared for her. Watching the Mobile. Lying down comfortably in her crib.Comfortably in her crib. That depends on the bedding sets you use. Babies have very delicate skin. A baby's skin is so much thinner than adult skin. Some babies are very sensitive to their surroundings.The first thing you have to take into consideration when it comes to baby bedding, is comfort. Will the fabric make baby's skin itch?Ideally, the best fabric to use for baby bedding is cotton. Preferably 100% cotton sheets in summer, soft warm flannel for winter. Wool may be itchy but that depends on the baby.Next, because babies have such sensitive skin, you must keep the crib bedding clean and dry. Babies urine and pass motion frequently in their clothes. If their nappies leak, the bedding gets stained. Disposable diapers are way more convenient as compare to cloth nappies. With cloth nappies, the nappies leak every time the baby urines which can be nightmarish for an exhausted new mother to clean up after. Disposable diapers allow the baby to stay dry after a few rounds of urine, but once baby strains her face and you know she has just moved her bowels, do change her diaper.When baby dirties herself, clean her up right away. Leave her in dirty nappies longer than necessary and she will probably develop a nappy rash. Babies with nappy rash itch, cry a lot and are generally miserable. Keep a tube of diaper rash cream at hand to treat the problem, just in case. You can get these baby products at very affordable prices at Cheapest Sale Baby Products. A vinyl cover over the mattress itself keeps the mattress from getting soaked through. Remember to cover it with clean cotton bedding and to change it whenever it gets dirty. You do not want baby to suffer from skin allergies from dirty bed linen.For safety sake, get baby to sleep face up or on the side. Don't let baby sleep lying on its stomach. A BBC article about cot deaths links cot deaths with the baby sleeping on its stomach. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/520993.stmFinally, since baby is going to spend most of her time in the crib, even while she is awake, give her something to look at. Cotton baby bedding with friendly patterns, little animals, or other interesting pictures keep her occupied, and stimulate her mind. Plain white crib bedding sets without any patterns are really boring. They do not give baby anything to look at. To make matters worse, plain sheets show up stains glaringly. Patterned bedding sets are more forgiving in this aspect. Besides, babies would find pattern bedding more interesting.
Five Reasons For Preparing Your Own Baby Food
Are you unsure whether you should make your own baby food at home or just buy it from the store? If so, then take a look at these five good reasons for doing it yourself - they may help you make up your mind...
The Making of a Mini-Model
Baby modeling isn't an exclusive art - nor is it as potentially fraught with danger as modeling opportunities for older children or adults.
Baby Name Trends: From Classic to Hip
Goodbye Bertha, Hello Kaitlyn! The top baby names of today break with tradition and follow-up on new trends. Because choosing the perfect name can be a daunting task, many informative web sites have been launched with parents in mind.
Baby Shower Checklist-Hostess
Using baby shower checklist-hostess are the best way to stay organized if you are planning a baby shower. The more organized you are the better the shower will be. You also want to make things as stress free for yourself as possible so that you don't come across as the frazzled hostess.